Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Apply for Federal Aid – DEADLINE APRIL 1st for Returning Student and DEADLINE JUNE 1st for New Students
- If this is the first time that you are applying for financial aid for college, you will need to create an FSA ID for both student and a parent at fafsa.gov. Click the FSA ID icon. Then select “Create an FSA ID Now”. Please maintain your FSA ID in a safe place. You will need it each year you apply for financial aid for college.
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov.
- List Cheyney University, federal code 003317.
- While completing the FAFSA, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to easily download income data.
- Apply for State Aid – DEADLINE MAY 1st
- If you are a Pennsylvania resident, please also complete the Pennsylvania State Grant Form at pheaa.org. Click “State Grant Program” under Funding Opportunities. Then click on “Apply/Renew Now”. If you are not a Pennsylvania resident, please check with your state to see if you qualify for state aid that can be used at Cheyney University.
- When completing your FASFA, be sure to list Cheyney University first, to ensure receipt of state funding.
- If you are a resident of another state, please refer to your State’s Financial Aid Agency for instructions on applying for their state grant and transferability of funds to Cheyney University.
- Review your Financial Aid Award Letter. Please note that first time students receive a copy mailed to their home address.
- View additional outstanding requirements on Net Partner: netpartner.www.fesbi.com/NetPartner/NetPartnerStudent =(requires username and password) that need to submitted to us to finalize your financial aid award.
Optional Financial Aid Steps if you need funding beyond a Grant
- For First-Time Student Loan Borrowers awarded a Federal Direct Loan:
- For Students Who Would Like to Be Considered For Federal Work Study (FWS)
- For Parents who want to apply for a Parent PLUS Loan
- Visit studentloans.gov and click the “Parent Borrowers” icon.
- Click on “Apply for a PLUS Loan” and complete the application.
- Click on “Complete the Loan Agreement for a PLUS Loan (MPN)” and follow the instructions.
- For Students who want to apply for a Private Alternative Loan
- Private Education Loans, also known as Alternative Loans, are credit-based loans that can help bridge the gap between the actual cost of your education and the amount of your other financial aid funds. Private loans are offered by private lenders and should only be considered after exhausting all other sources of funding – including federal loans.